Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today I filled in my Boston Marathon application

Today I got my application form for the Boston Marathon.  It asked for occupation, and I wasn't sure what to put.  I ended up putting Scientist, after debating between Student, Scientist, and Teaching/Education.  Museums weren't a choice.  This is the first time I'm not a student!  Even though I'm still a student now (for a couple more weeks, at least), the form asked for your age on the day of the marathon, so I figured it would also be fitting to put my occupation on the day of the marathon.  Maybe I should have put professional runner...

There's a number inside, but I don't think it's my bib number, just my application number.  I first thought it was my bib number and got very excited, but I think I was wrong.  Anyway, it's 4302, but we'll see if that turns out to be my bib number.  I don't think I'll know till March at the earliest.

I completed another round of edits on my thesis today, so hopefully that will be the last round.  It's supposed to be due on Friday, but my advisor said he emailed the department and we can have a few extra days if we need it.  I DON'T WANT A FEW EXTRA DAYS!!!  I just want to be done! 

I've been hard at work at the Museum of Science, and I'm feeling very productive.  I like it a lot!  There's a forum coming up on January 29 about the farm bill, and we've been very busy getting ready for it.  Over 300 people have signed up so far!

Fiona mentioned my blog on her blog, so I would like to return the favor.  If you're interested in a different take on the marathon and training, or if you want to support Community Servings, which gives healthy meals to critically ill people and their families, head on over to her blog at http://fionarunsboston.tumblr.com/

And if you haven't yet donated to my marathon effort, there's no better time than the present!  http://www.mos.org/marathon/meettherunners.php#lowenthal I'm trying to reach $2000 by February 17 (our midpoint goal), so please help me out!

Thanks to Jen B, Erin, and Vidya for your donations!  You guys are so great!

Finally, I suppose you're all waiting on the edge of your seats for a blister update.  Well, things are looking good.  I popped it as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, and now it's almost back to looking like a normal toe!  So things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment