Sunday, August 23, 2009

A report from home

Day 4 of training was pretty good, but the real excitement was on Friday morning, when I got to operate the real robotic arm! Obviously it's not the one on the shuttle or the space station, but it's a real arm that is 14 meters long when it's all stretched out (over 45 feet!). Needless to say, I felt really cool while I was doing it. Here's a picture of me with the arm after I operated it (where's Waldo?):

Here's me operating it:

So as you can see, it was pretty awesome. This post has been in progress for a while, so I'm going to post it even though it's not finished. Check back for more in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. that is so cool that you got to operate the robotic arm!! was it really difficult to maneuver? also i better see you when i visit boston next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete