Thursday, August 6, 2009

UP in 3D...and in Spanish!

After a relatively productive day at work, my friend and two coworkers and I went to see the movie Up in Spanish and in 3D! I saw Up in English just before I came to Spain, and it had been one of my goals to see it in Spanish before the end of the summer, as a measure of how far my Spanish has come. Well, I have to admit it hasn't come as far as I'd like, but I am still very proud of how much I've improved. I can't say for sure how much of the movie I would have understood if I were seeing it for the first time, because I already knew what was going on and even two months later I remember the story and even some of the dialogue pretty well. Still, it was a lot of fun and my coworkers and friend really enjoyed the movie. I forgot to take my camera, so I don't have pictures of us in the 3D glasses, but you can imagine we looked pretty cool. If you haven't seen the movie, I'd recommend it, in either language.

Tomorrow after a short day at work I leave for Seville! I've made a list of the things I want to see based on recommendations from friends, coworkers, and Rick Steves. I've heard it's really hot there, but after checking the weather for this weekend, it doesn't look like it will be too bad. As with Athens, I'm not taking my computer, so unless there's free internet at the hostel, I probably won't post until Sunday or Monday when I get back. Don't worry, though, I'll do a big post when I get back to make up for it.

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment