Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Monday's highlight: dinner at Cuines Santa Caterina

On Monday I had to go to work, so my dad went to Girona to meet a friend for lunch. After work, I returned one of my library books and renewed the other 4, so hopefully I can finish them all by August 10, which is when they're now due. I've done a pretty good amount of reading this summer, which I like. I have hardly any time to read during the school year, so I always try to make up for lost time during the summer. I've lost track of how many I've read so far this summer, in fact.

There's a nice area with trees and benches between my apartment and the train station, so I went to sit there and read while I waited for my dad to get back from Girona. It was kind of windy, so my hair kept getting in my face and my pages were not cooperating, but it was still nice.

When my dad got back, we did a quick run to the grocery store and then took the metro to the El Born district. I hadn't been there yet, but I really liked the neighborhood. The Parc de la Ciutadella is there, so we took a quick look, but we were too hungry to spend much time there. Here's a picture of something that's not the ciutadella, but looks similar:

The first two vegetarian restaurants we tried didn't work out. One because it turned out not to exist, and the other because the food didn't look that good. The one that turned out not to exist was quite a mystery. We had written down the address and brought a map, and we found the street it was supposed to be on, and even the right number of the address. But it wasn't there, and the people who worked in the store across the street had never heard of it! Such a mystery.

Fortunately, the third restaurant we tried not only existed, but had AMAZING food. I really liked the atmosphere of the place, too. Here's a couple of pictures (it reminded me a little of a Pier 1 store):


For some reason, there were trees inside. I liked it, though. As for food, we got mushroom ravioli with delicious mushroom sauce, asparagus risotto, really delicious bread, goat cheese salad, and "red berry lasagna" and tiramisu for dessert. As usual, I forgot to take pictures until we had already started eating, but here they are anyway:

And the after picture of dessert:

After dinner, we just came back to the apartment and went to bed after wasting some time on the internet. This morning, my dad flew to Rome to visit some friends, and I went to work. He'll be there until Friday or Saturday (he doesn't have a return ticket yet, surprise surprise). And tomorrow afternoon, my boyfriend arrives! I'm going to pick him up from the airport after work. Woohoo!

Ok, time for dinner. Buenas noches!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the mysteriously non-existent restaurant was actually in a nearby but different town. Sometimes if a street is really long and goes through multiple little towns, the numbers start over in each town and it's really confusing. I encountered this problem in Ann Arbor, MI. Directions to a sporting goods store led to a park and directions to Home Depot led to a fast food restaurant or something. We eventually found the sports store, but never found Home Depot. Say hi to Sam when he gets there! Well, say hi to him from me, I assume you'll be saying a lot of things to him.

    ReplyDelete