Thursday, July 2, 2009

Intensive schedule = beach after work!

I took advantage of the first day of the intensive schedule to go to the beach after work. My supervisor suggested that I go to the beach at Garraf instead of Castelldefels, where I had been before, so I decided to try the new beach that he recommended. Well, new to me, not that it was a new beach. This one was much smaller, and looked like the sort of beach that ought to be quiet and private, but it turned out to be anything but. There were so many people at the beach at Garraf that I had a hard time finding a place to put down my towel. (Dad, of course I was wearing sunscreen, don’t worry.) The beach is inside a cove, with rocky areas on either side that define the edges of the beach. It’s very pretty, but I probably won’t go there again because it was so crowded. I was trying to take a picture of myself as I was leaving, and a girl offered to take it for me, which was nice.

It’s not that much fun to go to the beach by yourself, it turns out, because no one can watch your stuff while you go in the water. I ventured in a couple of times to cool off, because even in the late afternoon it’s still hot, but I had to stay within view of my stuff, so it wasn’t as relaxing as it could have been.

Tonight another friend from school is coming to visit, and we are going to go out to dinner. This weekend, we are going to try to visit some vineyards where they make Cava, the famous sparkling wine from Cataluña.

This post will be short to make up for the last two, which were extremely long!

No comments:

Post a Comment