Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday: Feeling better, my friend is here

So it seems like I'm back to posting regularly, and I'm sure everyone is relieved :)

Today was a good day for two reasons: 1) I'm feeling a lot better, and 2) my friend arrived from Italy.

I got into work much earlier than I have been all week, though still not as early as I'd like. I'm working on making some human factors recommendations with regard to displays, both for aircraft cockpits and for air traffic control towers. I got my thoughts organized in a good way today, so I felt good about that. For the next two weeks, I have to type up my research and recommendations into a comprehensive document and prepare a presentation based on the document that people from the company can reference. It sounds like it shouldn't take two weeks, but you should see how many pages of notes I have!

After work, I met up with my friend and we hung out for a while, including looking at pictures from Athens and going to the grocery store (fun, right?). Then we went to a restaurant I found on the internet for tapas. The food was fine, nothing special, hence no pictures, but the water was outrageously expensive and I will not go back to that place. That was the most expensive water I've had since I've been in Europe, I think! Grr.

We walked back from the tapas place to the apartment and decided to watch a movie since we were both tired. The movie was pretty good, but kind of depressing, and my friend fell asleep. It was just like a night at home at our house at school!

Now she's gone to her hostel and I'm pretty tired, so I'm going to read a little bit and go to sleep. Tomorrow is going to be another busy day full of touring Barcelona (or maybe going to the beach), so I'd do well to be rested. This Sunday will be the first Sunday of the month, so a lot of museums will be free. We're going to have to figure out which things to do to take advantage of that deal. If you have any suggestions, please leave them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment