Thursday, June 18, 2009

Something I would rather not have learned about Spain

Today I learned what happens to a person when they die in Spain. Yesterday the mother of one of my coworkers died, so this afternoon we all went to the place where they keep the body for 24 hours before burial. I think it's called the tanitorio. My coworker is only a year or two older than I am, and her mom was very young, so this was really sad and I think unexpected. It seemed like she was glad to have us all there, so it was good that we went, but (luckily for me) I can't even imagine what she's going through. I feel so bad for her.

Other than that, it was more of the usual at work. Today I looked into what the Next Generation Air Traffic System (NextGen) will be like in the U.S. If everything goes as they're saying, flights in the future will be more reliable, more frequent, cheaper, etc. I hope it's true! I didn't have a chance to meet with my supervisor due to the unexpected afternoon, so I guess we'll meet tomorrow. At lunch I had Crema Catalana (Catalan Cream), which is the Catalan version of crème brûlée, but the picture didn't turn out well enough to post.

Lastly, I'm packing for Paris! My flight is tomorrow evening after work, and I'm really excited! I will bring my computer, but I'm not sure if I'll have internet, so if I don't post until Monday, that will be why. But hopefully I'll be able to post at least once or twice, and if not, get ready for a big one on Monday!

If you have any Paris tips, leave them in the comments or email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment