Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm here!

After an uneventful flight to London, a longer-than-expected layover there, and another uneventful flight to Barcelona, I'm finally here! I took a very clean taxi to my hotel and took a much-needed nap and shower. Lucky for me, they also gave me a great map. Then my host came to pick me up and helped me drag my suitcases to her apartment, where I'll be living for the summer. The place is really nice and clean and pretty, if a bit small, but I guess that's just Spain. Here's a picture of my room: I unpacked and we went on a walk to see where I'll be meeting some of my coworkers tomorrow to take the train to work. My host also showed me some supermarkets and produce stores, but nothing is open on Sundays, so we just looked at the outsides. Then we had dinner and sat around and talked a little, and now I'm about to go to bed. Tomorrow is my first day of work, so I need to get some sleep. All in all, it's been a great first day in Spain!

1 comment: