Sunday, February 26, 2012

I survived the kale

Not only the kale, I also survived my second attempt at returning to running!  I ran 3 miles yesterday, and my foot feels fine.  I'm taking it very carefully, but I'm feeling very relieved that things are so far so good.  Last night, we had a fundraiser party, and Alan and I raised $139 together.  We had a lot of fun, because it was also a birthday party for him, and we played all sorts of games and did a puzzle.  Unfortunately, we didn't have time to finish the puzzle before the end of the party.  To my dismay, no one else wanted to stay to finish the puzzle.  It is a picture of a tiger with a lot of greenery around it, and the greenery was very difficult to piece together, even looking at the picture on the box. 

On Friday, we had a visit from my cousin and her two kids.  They are so adorable!  Here's a picture of one of them making pizza for lunch with Sam:


So cute!!!  Also, can you believe that spring starts in less than a month?  I can't wait!  And daylight savings starts or ends in 2 weeks!  Spring is so much better than winter, even though this winter hasn't been very wintery.  The days are getting longer and it's getting warmer.  This week has been very windy, though.

Only $1338 to go on my marathon fundraising!  It's getting pretty close!  Help me out if you can - even one dollar gets us closer to the goal of bringing science education to kids around New England!  Here's the link: http://www.mos.org/marathon/meettherunners.php#lowenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment