Thursday, February 23, 2012

I ran today!!!!

I am thrilled to announce my triumphant (but tentative) return to running!  Sam and I power-walked a mile, then ran a mile, as instructed by the foot doctor.  It felt fine!  I felt like I was flying, and I was so excited to be running.  We kept it pretty slow to be careful, which I think was important.  I'm not going to run tomorrow, then on Saturday I'm going to go to the team run and do 18 miles.  Just kidding, only 3.  But I'm very excited to get back and see everyone!

This week is school vacation week, so we're having a lot more relaxed time, especially in the evenings.  We've been watching The Wire, which is a really good show.  It's helpful to watch it with Sam because he can tell me when the gory scenes are over, and also help me figure out what's going on.  We're probably going to finish season 1 tonight.  I think I've earned a night on the couch after such an intense run!  (Also just kidding.)

In random other news, Sam got kale at the fruit and veggie market this week, so we've been having adventures with kale.  I'm about to go try kale chips.  If I don't blog again, you'll know why.  :)

I'm getting ever closer to my $4000 goal!  Please help me support the Traveling Programs at the Museum of Science!  Here's the link: http://www.mos.org/marathon/meettherunners.php#lowenthal

No comments:

Post a Comment