Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's a beautiful day for a run

The weather is beautiful today, around 60 degrees and sunny.  And not too windy, for a change.  I would love if the weather on Marathon Day is like this.  Not too hot, not too cold.  And I definitely don't want any wind unless it's a tailwind the whole way!

I'm going to be running 3 miles today.  We're in serious taper mode now.  It sort of seems like my fundraising is also in taper mode.  I've got less than $400 to go for my goal of $4000, and fundraising ends on this Friday, which is April 6.  If you can help, even a little, I'll really appreciate it!  Here's the link: http://www.mos.org/marathon/meettherunners.php#lowenthal 

At this point, I've run 319 miles in preparation for the marathon.  We only have 28 miles left of training before the marathon!  Which means 54.2 miles till the end of this adventure.  I'm starting to think about whether I'd like to do this again, but I think I won't really be able to answer that question until after the marathon.

Glass mosaics has continued to be extremely fun.  I've made almost 6 pieces since I've started.  I'm enjoying trying different things.  I'll put some pictures up, and here's the first one.  No one will be surprised at what I made, I'm guessing.  This is the 2nd thing I made:


In other random news, here is Sam measuring some cheese:


You'll have to ask him about this if you want to know why he was measuring cheese.

And here's the puzzle that I finished a while ago.  Jenn and Fiona worked on it also, and it was on our table for a long time.  Isn't it pretty?

 

So that's it for today.  And I'm finally full-time at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment