Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy April! 15 days till the marathon!


I'm starting to get very excited because 2 weeks from tomorrow is the Boston Marathon!  I got a really cool team jersey and long sleeve shirt yesterday at our team run.  Depending on the weather, I'll wear either the jersey or the jersey and the long sleeve shirt for the marathon.  Either way, I will look so awesome!  And Alan, Fiona, and I all went to Marathon Sports yesterday and got our official Boston Marathon jackets.  We are so cool!  Luckily for Alan, I knew and was able to tell him that you aren't allowed to wear the jacket until you finish the marathon.  He didn't believe me, but the cashier was able to back me up.  I'm really excited to wear it!  Here's a picture of the women's version of the jacket:


I was trying to put up a picture of us from our team run on Saturday, but it sort of broke the internet, so I guess you'll just have to imagine me, Alan, and our teammate Chris looking sweaty and reflective after running 12 miles in the rain.

And perhaps most importantly, my fundraising deadline is coming up on Friday!  I've raised over $3400 at this point, but I've still got a ways to go to my goal of raising $4000.  If you can help me reach it, I'd really appreciate it!  Any amount helps!  Here's the link: http://www.mos.org/marathon/meettherunners.php#lowenthal

Happy April!

No comments:

Post a Comment