Monday, September 21, 2009

Super quick post

Well, I have at least two readers still, so I'll keep going. I have a lot of homework due tomorrow (oh, if only I had started it earlier!), so it's going to be short, but hopefully sweet.

We had our housewarming party on Saturday night, and it was a ton of fun! A lot of our friends came, but we didn't get any noise complaints and no one spilled anything on the couch. I was too busy to take pictures, but I'll put some up soon of the apartment. It's getting more and more set up, and it's really fun!

On Sunday I went sailing with some people from my lab on a boat that belongs to one of the professors in the lab and her husband (are they married? not sure, but in any case they have a boat together). There were 14 of us altogether, and it was also a ton of fun! Here's a picture:

Oh yeah, and no big deal, but they let me drive the boat for a while. I only stopped when it became necessary to eat a brownie. Isn't my lab great? Lucky for me, it was a beautiful day. Otherwise, I would have been freezing!

There's also a fun place to sit up in the front of the boat (called the bow, I now know):

Crew has also been going well. We've gone out on the water a few more times, and it's a slow process of "improvement". Well, even though we're not that good, I'm having a great time. I'm not going to be rowing in the Head of the Charles, in case you were wondering (we can't even row all 8 at a time yet), but I will be there cheering!

And, as promised, this is a super quick post, so this is the end. But check back every once in a while, because I'll keep updating!

1 comment: