Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Things are moving along

It's a few weeks into the semester now, and I'm happy with the classes I ended up with.  I'm taking a math requirement and a fun elective, and both classes are interesting with good instructors.  Unfortunately, the weather is starting to be fall, which I don't like.  It's getting cold :(

I'm also making some good progress on my thesis and it looks like I'll be publishing a paper soon, which makes me feel really cool.  I also did a podcast, but I learned that there's quite a backlog of podcasts for them to put up, so it could be another month or so before mine goes up. 

I am doing the Boston Half Marathon in a couple of weeks, and I'm excited but not feeling prepared.  I haven't been running as much as I'd like, but I'm getting back into a routine and I think I'll be ready by the time it gets here.  On a crazy note, I've wanted to do the Boston Marathon (not the Half) since I moved to Boston.  I know I'll never train enough to qualify, since the qualifying times are pretty fast and you have to do another marathon to qualify!  So my idea this year is to run the marathon for charity, which means I'll have to raise money for the charity and they will give me a race bib.  If I get a spot on a charity team, I'll be posting on here to ask for donations!  :)

Tomorrow is the career fair, and I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.  There are a lot of moving pieces in my future, so I'm going to go with an open mind and see what I can find out. 

I can't believe that in less than 5 months I'll be done with school!  I have been in school my whole life!  I'm so excited to try out real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment