Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My house has a new driveway

My house at home got a new driveway, and we held an opening ceremony when I was home for Thanksgiving.  Here it is, in all its glory:

I'll miss the old one, but the new one is very nice and smooth, as you can see.

I haven't been posting as much lately, which is because I've been very busy.  Lately, I've completed a couple of 2-day courses in bike mechanics.  I've done things like change my brake pads, adjust my derailleur, re-tape my handlebars, degrease and re-lube my chains, and watch a whole bike being built from just a frame.  It's been pretty cool, and I know a lot more about bikes now.

I've also started writing the background section of my thesis, which is hard to do.  It's hard to get started, it's hard to know what to write, it's hard to do all the research that is necessary, and so on.  But I've got some done now, and I'll keep going.  My advisor wants to see a preliminary version by Friday, so I've got a deadline.
Planning a wedding is similarly a lot of work.  Little by little, we're making progress.  From where we are now, it's hard to see how we'll get it all done, but I'm sure we will.

It looks like it's going to be a snow day tomorrow, with Boston getting 12-18 inches of snow, so I'm not going in to work and I'm going to stay home and stay warm!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment